Historic Landfill Remediation Projects
Waste and Resource Management
FT provides a range of services with respect to risk assessments of Landfills site in accordance with the EPA Code of Practice: Environmental Risk Assessment for Unregulated Waste Disposal Sites. FT offers a total project management solution, acting as consultants from initial project planning and Tier 1 assessment through to detailed remediation design, construction supervision and contract supervision.
- Tier 1,2 & 3 Environmental Risk Assessment in line with EPA Code of Practice
- Generic Quantitative and Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments – LandGEM, LandSIM, GasSIM, ModFLOW etc.
- Site investigations: Design, Specification, Procurement, Supervision and Reporting including;
- Site Walkover and Manual Sampling
- Trial Pitting (Excavation, Logging, Percolation Testing)
- Borehole Installation (Cable Percussive, Rotary Core, In situ Testing)
- Geophysical Survey (Ground Penetration Radar, Electro Magnetic, Electro Resistivity, Sonic)
- Topographical Surveying (Contour Mapping, Volumetric Assessment (AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Environmental Monitoring and Reporting (Surface water, groundwater, landfill gas, VOC Emissions, PM10)
- Remediation Design and Detailed Cost Estimates
- Certificate of Authorisation Applications
- Procurement Services: Remediation Works
- Resident Engineering Services
- Public Works Contract Administration Services (Employers Representative)
FT’s Technical Director, Mr. Chris Cronin, and Waste and Resources Group Senior Engineer, Mr. James O’ Neill, are accredited with Engineers Ireland as competent/qualified in relation to the Code of Practice: Environmental Risk Assessment for Unregulated Waste Disposal Sites.
FT have undertaken Tier 1, 2 and 3 assessments, detailed remediation design and remediation procurement, supervision and contract administration services across the following counties to date:
Fingal, Kerry, Kilkenny, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, South Dublin, Tipperary, Wicklow
Counties where FT have undertaken Tier 1, 2 and 3 assessments, detailed remediation design and remediation procurement, supervision and contract administration services to date
20+ Option Appraisals for Household Waste Recycling Centres, Resource Recovery Facilities and Transfer stations in England and Wales
50+ Preparation of Tier 2/3 assessments reports and the design of remedial measures for Local Authority Historic Landfills