N4 Collooney To Castlebaldwin
Sligo County Council commissioned an upgrade to the N4 National Route involving the construction of an offline, realignment, of approximately 14.71km long in Co. Sligo. Approximately 13.82km of the scheme consists of a Type 2 dual carriageway, with the remainder being standard single carriageway.
Roadbridge is working in collaboration with the client, Sligo County Council and their advisor, Barry’s Transport, to deliver the project objectives. Roadbridge appointed FT, Clandillon Civil Consulting and ByrneLooby to deliver the design scope items in conjunction with their Roadbridge counterparts for both the tender and detailed design components.
The scheme comprises:
- 1 compact grade separated junction;
- 2 roundabouts on the mainline;
- 3 roundabouts on the local road network;
- Major structures including road overbridges (4No), road underbridges (6No), river bridges (2No), retaining walls and environmental noise barriers;
- Drainage works including the provision of wetland attenuation ponds;
- Utility diversions;
- Earthworks including soft ground and karst;
- Intelligent Traffic System provision;
- Pedestrian and cyclist facilities;
- Environmental mitigation.
FT has particular responsibility for the Project Director and PSDP roles, site clearance, ecology and environmental works and structures design.
1 compact grade separated junction
Developed 2 roundabouts on the mainline
Developed 15km of road