31 Aug 2020
Advance Works Tender: New Ross Fuel Depot Site
Wexford County Council (WCC) have commissioned FT as consultant on the demolition and redevelopment of the fuel depot in New Ross Town. The depot consists of 5 bulk fuel storage tanks, reinforced concrete bund and control building on a site located in the centre of New Ross town.
The advance works package consists of the demolition of the existing control building, demolition and removal of the five large fuel tanks and general clearance of the site.
Post completion of the advanced works, the site is to be develop into a high-quality public realm befitting the site central location in the town and proximity to the existing Dunbrody Visitor Centre, Plaza and Marina Walk. The development will be subject to a Part VIII planning application.
FT has engaged long term partners Brady Shipman Martin to assist with the proposed Landscape and Public Realm Design.
Photos of existing Fuel Depot Site and proposed Public Realm.
FT’s overall responsibilities are as follows:
- Decommission and remove the existing buildings and structures in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner
- Design, tender and administer advanced works demolition package tender
- Provide landscape architectural/public realm design services for the project to enhance the public realm in the area
- Assist in the preparation of the Part VIII planning application
- Undertake an Appropriate Assessment screening exercise for the proposed works
- Assess the existing in‐situ constructed elements for their suitability to be integrated within the existing works
- Provide detailed engineering design of the public realm works
- Maintain and improve the existing flood defences on the site to match exiting defences
- Preparation of all Contract documentation, procurement and tender administration for the public realm
- Contract Administration and Employers Representative
Click here for FT’s environmental and engineering consultancy experience.