FT is an Irish civil and environmental engineering, scientific and planning consultancy. The practice was established in 1990 by Eamon Timoney and Brendan Fehily. Initially the company focused on structural engineering, and pharmaceutical and water services.
During the 1990s it broadened its service base into environmental, roads and bridges consultancy services. During the 2000s, the company consolidated its presence in the environmental consultancy arena, particularly in the energy and waste and resource management sectors, while maintaining a leading and strong presence in engineering design for roads and bridges.
In the late 2000s, FT saw a rationalising of the highways sector and the company diversified into new markets such as urban development and digital and refocused on industrial and energy management sectors.
Today, FT has c. 90 members of staff, including engineers, scientists, town planners, geotechnicians and technical support staff across offices in Cork, Dublin and Carlow. FT continues to build and strengthen its planning and environmental services, engineering design and construction presence in the sector. FT deliver projects in Ireland, and internationally, in core competency areas of Planning, Waste Management, Environment and Energy, GIS and Data Management, Geotechnics and Civils Infrastructure. FT’s breadth of experience and expertise enables the delivery of a broad range of services to both the private and public sector clients.
FT is proud of its achievement on many innovative and challenging projects. FT are especially proud to have received numerous awards for FT’s work, which includes:
- 2022 Excellence in Public Sector Service Building Sustainability Award
- 2017 ACEI Design Excellence Overseas Award for Kilgallioch Wind Farm
- Commercial Media Group Award (CMG) for the International Environmental Project of the Year for the Jeddah Environmental Assessment and Jeddah Environmental and Social Masterplan
- Engineering Practice/Consultant of the Year 2012, 2011 and 2010 – CMG
- International Environmental Project of the Year 2013 (Jeddah ESMP) – CMG
- Finalists in the 2012 Green Awards Innovation category for works in landfill gas management on Irish landfills
- 2012 Association of Consulting Engineers of Ireland – FT received a commendation for Excellence in the Design of the Sajja Waste Management Facility, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 2009 Repak Civic Amenity Site/Recycling Centre of the Year 2009 South Tipperary County Council – Cashel Recycling Centre 2008
- Association of Consulting Engineers of Ireland President’s Award – High Commendation – Innovation in Design of Landfill Gas Management Philosophy
- 2006 Irish Concrete Society Award – Overall winner 2006 – Cathleen Falls Bridge (N15 Bundoran – Ballyshannon By-Pass)
- 2006 Public Service Excellence Award (Department of the Taoiseach) – Blackash Park and Ride Facility, Cork
- 2006 President’s Award for Excellence (Finalist) – Association of Consulting Engineers – Mardyke Pedestrian Bridge (River Lee, Cork)
- 2003 Geotechnical Prize – Engineers Ireland 2003 – for Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental Aspects of Clay Liners for Landfill Projects
- 2000 President’s Award for Excellence – Association of Consulting Engineers. Arthurstown Landfill, (Co. Kildare)
- 2000 Construction Industry Excellence Awards – Commendation. Construction Industry Federation (Civil Engineering Category) – Arthurstown Landfill
- 2000 Construction Industry Federation – Construction Excellence Award (Special Structures)
Bloomfield Interchange Arch Bridge
- 1996 Construction Industry Federation – Construction Excellence Award (Civil Engineering) –
Muingnaminanne Landfill, (Co. Kerry)
- 1994 Smith Testimonial, Engineers Ireland to Declan O’Sullivan on Muingnaminanne Landfill, (Co. Kerry)
- 1994 Construction Excellence Award (Finalist) – Construction Industry Federation (Civil Engineering Category) – Pedestrian/Cycle Bridge, (Sarsfield Road, Cork)