GE Healthcare Wastewater Diagnosis Front End Study
FT were engaged by GE Healthcare to conduct an Engineering Front End Study for the existing effluent plant at the GE Healthcare facility in Carrigtwohill, Cork.
The existing equalisation tank was being increased in size and GE requested that the existing infrastructure and proposals for near and long-term upgrades be assessed with respect to the future operation of the plant and the discharge licence at the facility.
The purpose of front-end study report was to convey the findings of the assessment for upgrades to an existing pre-treatment facility. The existing process, mechanical and electrical facilities were also reviewed.
The report provided commentary and recommendations in the following areas:
- Wastewater loading and characteristics
- Capacity – design, present and future
- Existing tankage, mechanical equipment, electrical-ICA equipment details, automation and current SCADA setup
- Present performance/operation/control difficulties
- Works location in context of longer-term operation demands