Dunkettle Interchange Upgrade Scheme
John Sisk & Sons Holdings Ltd (Sisk). have been commissioned by Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) to develop proposals for the improvement of the existing Dunkettle Interchange.
The Scheme comprises:
- A series of direct road links between the N8, the N25 and the N40 and links to the R623 Regional Road in Little Island and Burys Bridge in Dunkettle.
- 1 grade separated junction arrangement at the existing N25 to the east of the existing Dunkettle Interchange.
- 4 roundabouts – 2 at grade separated junctions and 2 at grade tie ins with the existing road network.
- 12 major structures of various forms.
- 24 gantries
- 9 culverts where the scheme crosses watercourses of intertidal areas.
- Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Pedestrian and cyclist facilities.
In addition, the works include the modification of the existing Silversprings junction on the N8 Lower Glanmire Road comprising:
- Construction of a new raised central reserve on the N8 Lower Glanmire Road.
- Reconfiguration of the N8 westbound diverge.
- Reconfiguration of the N8 eastbound merge and diverge.
- Pedestrian and cycling facilities.
Sisk appointed FT – Ramboll UK and Clandillon Civil Consulting (FTRC) to carry out the design for the scheme. FT is Lead Consultant and our particular responsibilities include the role of PSDP, the design of all structures and associated geotechnical works, all environmental design and monitoring, ecological studies, landscaping design, utilities design and stakeholder management. FT is also responsible for the N8 Lower Glanmire Road and Silversprings junction upgrade design.
1 grade separated junction arrangement at the existing N25 to the east of the existing Dunkettle Interchange to be developed
4 roundabouts to be developed
9 culverts to be developed where the scheme crosses watercourses of intertidal areas