Confidential Client Civil and Structural Design and Inspection Services
A Confidential Client which specialises in the development, testing and manufacturing of biologics and biopharmaceuticals.
FT have carried out a number of projects at this facility to ensure compliance with the company’s IPPC licence;
- 7-day Hydrostatic testing of concrete bunds and 24-hr hydrostatic testing of mobile metal and plastic bunds in accordance with the BS 8007 “Design of concrete structures for retaining aqueous liquids”. This testing is required by the EPA every 3 years and all the bunds at this facility are divided into 3 groups of bunds with 1 group requiring testing every year. FT produced testing certificates and a report outlining the test procedure and the results.
- Bund capacity review of all bunds on site to ensure that the volumes of tanks stored in the bunds are in accordance with EPA regulations.
- Calculation of the depths at which rainwater should be emptied from each external bund to avoid overtopping of the bunds should a tank failure occur.
- Decommissioning plan for an underground tank following the diversion of services from an unused section of the site.
- Carried out inspections and created a repair strategy report for several damaged concrete bunds.
- Visual inspection and certification of surface water lagoon.
- Advise on the installation of automatic pumps at sumps and the construction of new access chambers to allow access for the weekly inspections.
- Visual condition report based on a drone survey, of concrete tanks. The drone survey was required as the tanks are a confined space and no entry was allowed. This drone survey was carried out under FT supervision and direction.
- Final effluent line inspection and condition report
- Oil interceptor condition surveys and design of a new double oil interceptor on the storm water line
Bunds must be tested every 3 years
24-hr hydrostatic testing of mobile metal and plastic bunds was conducted
7-day Hydrostatic testing of concrete bunds was conducted