Fehily Timoney and Company (FT) is one of Ireland’s largest Irish owned consultants with centres of excellence in Civil Infrastructure, Waste & Resource Management, Energy and Planning. Please see our team and read about us and some of our achievements on many innovative and challenging projects.
FT is looking to recruit a HSQE Manager who will work as an integral team member in our Dublin, Cork or Carlow offices. This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the Infrastructure, Waste, Environmental and Energy and Planning sectors of FT. The employee can choose his/her main office base.
Health, Safety, Quality and Environment Management:
- To lead Quality (ISO9001), Environment (ISO14001 and Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001) management within the company
- To develop and maintain the company Quality Management System
- To develop and maintain the company Environmental Management System
- Continual improvement of the company Health & Safety procedures in line with new legislation/regulations
- To act as Project Supervisor Design Phase (PSDP)
- To act as Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the Design Process
- Carry out Risk Assessments and prepare Preliminary Safety & Health Plans
- Train all employees in health and safety procedures
- Conduct frequent safety inspections and checks
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees
- Take responsibility for first aid and concerns raised by employees
- Manage emergency procedures
- Lead by example and promote health and safety culture.
Project management of PSDP projects including:
- Client management
- Coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope
- Oversee all aspects of projects (including project finances)
- Set deadlines
- Assign responsibilities and
- Monitor and summarize progress of project
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum academic requirements:
- a HETAC (Higher Education and Training Awards Council) recognised level 8 degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, and
- Diploma in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) (NFQ level 8)
- Achieved chartered status with Engineers Ireland or similar professional body
- Chartered member of IOSH or willingness to become a Chartered member of IOSH is preferred
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience in the management of PSDP and HSC duties
- Demonstrate ability to act as a competent PSDP within the meaning of the Safety, Health & Welfare Act 2005 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006
- Experience in the preparation of Preliminary Safety & Health Plans
- Experience in acting as the Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the Design Process
- Experience in co-ordinating differing Designers i.e. Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, In-House designers, external designers etc.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills required
- Key requirements include efficient work methods, functioning both as part of team and on own initiative, experience of project management
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in managing projects in an area of FT’s expertise as noted above. Please see FT sectors.
- Full Drivers Licence
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support. FT is an equal opportunities employer, our company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. FT encourages continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility. All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence. Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, by post to Fehily Timoney and Company, Core House, Pouladuff Road, Cork, T12 D773.
Please also see careers for other open positions that may appeal to you and your friends.
Why join FT
“Working at FT provides me with the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects, as well as with support and guidance to advance in my career and professional development.”
Ana Solano MartinProject Engineer
Why join FT
“Continuous professional development, mentorship and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects has help me development my skills as a planning consultant over the past 4 years with FT.”
Eamon HuttonSenior Project Planner
Why join FT
“The opportunities and experience I have gained from working as part of the FT team has encouraged and very much supported my growth as a Geotechnical Engineer.”
Emily ArcherGraduate Geotechnical Engineer
Why join FT
“As a Principal Engineer I have worked on major projects both nationally and internationally. I would highly recommend FT as a company working on best-in-class projects in an organisation where your impact is noticed and rewarded.”
James O'NeillPrincipal Engineer
Why join FT
“Since joining FT in 2019 I have very rapidly and significantly expanded on my previous knowledge and experience. Working within a highly skilled and confident multidisciplinary team of experts has undoubtedly been a major positive of my experience in FT to date.”
Eoin O'ConnorProject Scientist
Why join FT
“As the Principal Ecologist I lead a team of eight ecologists with a wide range of expertise in the discipline. FT has provided our team with excellent support and training opportunities through ongoing CPD along with both practical and technical experience through the many high profile projects we have worked on.”