Energy & Planning Back
Graduate Town Planner
Fehily Timoney and Company (FT) is one of Ireland’s largest Irish owned consultants with centres of excellence in Renewable Energy, Urban Development, Civil Infrastructure, Waste & Resource Management. FT provides feasibility, planning, design and contract management services for the construction of Urban Development and infrastructure projects such as roads, bridgeworks, rail, solid waste facilities, renewable energy, drainage, water and wastewater treatment facilities, airports, tunnels and gas pipelines. FT have office locations in Cork, Dublin and Carlow.
FT is looking to recruit a Graduate Town Planner who will work as an integral member of the Planning team, aiding the expansion of the Planning business and working closely with fellow professionals. The position will suit candidates with a minimum of one year of experience. This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the company and the planning process including planning applications, preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, planning appeals, feasibility studies, and research as FT have a broad spectrum of ongoing projects and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development.
- Assisting in the co-ordination and delivery of projects, including preparation and submission of planning applications, preparation of planning appeals, planning appraisals, and planning policy reviews; analysis and submissions related to Development Plan / Local Area Plan preparation.
- Delivering projects to deadlines, whilst working both as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and external consultants.
- Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to colleagues.
Skills / Qualifications
- A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
- Minimum of 1 years experience;
- Knowledge of the Irish Planning system and environmental issues;
- Experience of providing advice on planning matters preferable;
- Knowledge of planning, development and environmental issues;
- Ability to prepare reports and formulate recommendations;
- Capability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and other professionals as part of design teams, in multi-disciplinary services.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support. FT is an equal opportunities employer, our company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. FT encourages continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility. All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com or alternatively, by post to Fehily Timoney and Company, Core House, Pouladuff Road, Cork, T12 D773.
see our experience
FT prides itself on our best in class service, with an in depth understanding of key issues associated with the industry and the drivers for project success.
Why join FT
“I’m glad to have completed an engineering internship with FT. The breadth of experience gained, mentorship received and company culture made it a very rewarding experience.”
Dylan WhelanEngineering Intern
Why join FT
“The opportunities and experience I have gained from working as part of the FT team has encouraged and very much supported my growth as a Geotechnical Engineer.”
Emily ArcherSenior Project Geotechnical Engineer
Why join FT
“As a Principal Engineer I have worked on major projects both nationally and internationally. I would highly recommend FT as a company working on best-in-class projects in an organisation where your impact is noticed and rewarded.”
James O'NeillPrincipal Engineer
Why join FT
“Since joining FT in 2019 I have very rapidly and significantly expanded on my previous knowledge and experience. Working within a highly skilled and confident multidisciplinary team of experts has undoubtedly been a major positive of my experience in FT to date.”
Eoin O'ConnorProject Scientist
Why join FT
“As the Principal Ecologist I lead a team of eight ecologists with a wide range of expertise in the discipline. FT has provided our team with excellent support and training opportunities through ongoing CPD along with both practical and technical experience through the many high profile projects we have worked on.”