Environmental Data Management and Reporting, Jeddah KSA
Fehily Timoney Arabia, in partnership with Ramboll Middle East was contracted by Aecom Arabia (AECOM) to develop a Jeddah Environmental Assessment (JEA) and prepare a Jeddah Environmental and Social Master Plan (JESMP) for the Governorate of Jeddah. The project was managed by the Presidency of Meteorology and Environment (PME) of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and forms part of a wider programme of work of the Jeddah Stormwater Drainage Programme (JSDP).
The JEA element of the project provided a detailed baseline on the environmental status of the governorate and the JESMP prepared detailed plans and measures to address and overcome issues identified in the JEA.
Data Management and GIS tasks comprised:
- Sourcing and compiling existing environmental and mapping data for Jeddah City.
- Development of operational procedures and software for collation, validation and storage of the extensive data volumes gathered field work surveys.
- Preparation of a receiving database (MS SQL Server) to store and control data at a centralised location.
- Development of an online WEB based data access, visualisation and mapping platform allowing secure 24/7 access from a variety of international locations to all monitoring and survey data.
- Preparation of hardcopy and digital mapping for use by the 15 technical teams involved in the project.
80 groundwater monitoring wells
Total of 15 technical teams involved in the project
Air Quality Monitoring server remotely linked to 10 Air Quality Monitoring Stations.